Friday, May 15, 2009

Votes for sale!!!!



I found an interesting article today about our new Governor's deputy chief of staff. Apparently Dustin Allison is being accused of offering a job with the Governor's office in exchange for votes on HB 11. This must have been back when the legislation still included the Governor's plan to include an additional 35,000 people on socialized medicine. Representatives Anne Zerr and Chris Molendorp both completed affidavits about the incident. They claim that Mr. Allison stated ‘The Governor likes to reward people who share his views on issues.’ When I refused to vote for the bill for a fourth time, Mr. Allison said, ‘I’m prepared to make a deal right now.’ To me if you are willing to submit an affidavit stating that he did this I would imagine there is a hint of truth about it. Way to go Mr. Nixon I love your office's demonstration of leadership. Maybe you and Nancy Pelosi could go out for a drink sometime. She is big on honesty in government as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment